• Born on 10th May 1974 (39 years old)
• Resident of NIL-26, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
• Graduated from IIT Delhi, followed by a degree in law from University of Delhi.
• Enjoyed a successful career as academician and later as IT consultant, prior to getting into law.
• Travelled extensively across the globe and has come back enriched with a world-view on citizen centric governance and administration.
• Aggrieved and concerned by India’s failing governance and judicial system, Mr. Bharti quit the lucrative career of an IT Consultant to study law.
• Today, he consciously devotes ample time towards redressal of people’s grievances by filing PILs and fighting legal battles for the helpless, poor and illiterate.
Somnath is a very committed person. He is known to go out of his way to help someone or take a relevant cause forward. As Secretary of the IITDAA, I found him a very capable administrator with the ability to think out of the box. His services would be of immense value to any organization.
Secretary at IUCEE, Secretary General, PanIIT Alumni India.